Blood Donation Program
This year, Sri Lankan Australian Friendship Association (SLAFA) is marking 40 years in the Northern Territory. Since its inauguration in 1979, SLAFA has gradually extended its activities and contributed in many ways to the wellbeing of the Darwin Community.
To mark this major milestone in our Association, we have partnered with the Australian Red Cross Blood Service and have organised a blood donation program as a means of giving back to the community. As you are aware, the Red Cross relies on voluntary donations and the support of the communities like us to achieve its mission of helping to save lives.
Date: 15th September to 11th of October 2019
Venue: Australian Red Cross Blood Service, 17, Scaturchio Street, Casuarina
To arrange a blood/ plasma donation:
- Go to the link https://www.donateblood.com.au/
- Click the ‘Log in’ icon located at the top right corner. If you already have a username and password you can log in now. Otherwise select ‘Register’ button located at the bottom of the page.
- You will be asked if you have a donor number ( you get a donor number after your first donation). – answer yes or no.
If you answered No, you will be asked to fill in your details and once completed, click again on ‘Register’.
- Now you have created an online account for yourself. Then you can join the Group ” Sri Lankan Australian Friendship Association Darwin” .
To Join a Red25 Group:
Once you’re logged in, go to ‘My Details’ menu and click ‘Manage Details’.
- At the top right of this page, click on ‘Update my preferences’.
- Next to the ‘Red25 Organisation’ heading, start typing your group’s name into the grey box. (Sri Lankan Australian Friendship Association Darwin). When your group appears in the supplied options, click on it and press ‘Submit’.
- At the bottom of the page, click ‘Save updates’.
If you have any questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact: Dr Aruna Muthumala phone: 0459 894 111